Thursday 18 January 2007

Computer Bans

Recently I blogged about whether computers should be banned in law school classes. That post can be linked to here. Today I found another several articles on the subject. The articles involve Professor June Entman of the University of Memphis.

Anyone in my classes this semester will note that I currently allow laptops in class. I like computers. I like the flexibility, power, and portability that they provide students (and faculty, and lawyers). I'm not a dinosaur (yet). Yet they may have their downsides, especially in a classroom. Read the following articles describing Professor Entman's laptop ban and see what you think. They appeared in USA Today, OrinKerr.com (see also Kerr's original post on the matter, in which he did not support Entman), and Conglomerate.

I should note that this is not exactly breaking news--Entman's ban took place in the spring semester of 2006. But "not so recent" does not mean "not so relevant," so I am taking a detour from recent posts on exams to revisit the issue. Let me know if you have thoughts on the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girls Generation - Korean