Wednesday 23 May 2012

A+ in Law and Economics: and I don't care anymore.

This morning, for about half a second, I felt good that I got an A+ in my law and economics course, but then I realized: I do not care anymore.  This semester has gone by better than last, although I got a lackluster C+ in my Corporate Finance.  I was lucky to score a B+ in EU Law, which was kind of a fluke.  Hell, it all was.

LISTEN CHILDREN:  Law school grades are mostly random.  You can get a C+ in a class you put way more effort in than a class you got an A-.  I worked my butt off in my Corporate Finance and missed most of my law and economics course.  I am not smart.  An A+ does not mean you are smart.  Even if you end up getting an award, you are probably at least half lucky.

If you think you are lucky enough to 'score' your way through law school, you might want to take out maximum loans on law school and play the lottery, because you probably have a better chance of winning the lottery than doing so good in law school that you end up with an amazing job.  And if you don't believe me, why not take a look at a few of the other blogs that are featured to the right?

One more year of this madness (not going to bother doing internships this summer -- in fact, I had two phone interviews the other day for internships -- and I didn't bother even answering.  Just wasn't in the mood).  I figure that the odds of me practicing law (and actually liking it) are about as slim as me making love to a pack of blue wolves with wings in the Himalayas next Thursday.

IT.  WILL.  NOT.  EVER.  HAPPEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girls Generation - Korean