Monday 6 August 2012

Why did you choose to go to law school?

I want you to think back to when you were getting that undergraduate degree.  What made you think that law school was something you were interested in.  Was it the money, the prestige, the ability to make on average, $70,000 a year?  Did you have aspirations of becoming the next Judge Judy or Judge Joe Brown?  Was someone in your family a lawyer?  Did you see lawyers who seemed to live large lives?  Did you believe that law would make your degree more valuable or more versatile? 

Source: http://www.bestdegreeprograms.org


Why I went to law school


First, I thought it would make my undergraduate degree (BA) more marketable.  I thought coupled with a law degree that I would 'go places'.  Further, I was scared to enter the working world and look for a job.  I had very little confidence in myself to work in anything higher than a few dollars over minimum wage.  I saw that the best and brightest in my school were struggling to find work and my grades were not nearly that high.  I also was proud of being the first in my family to go to college, so I chose to double that pride and go to graduate school.  I thought about business school and law school, and I figured that there was enough people going into business school and not enough people going into law school.  Further, I thought law school was more intellectual than business school and liked the idea of having "legal smarts". Oh, and top that off with the fear that my student loans from undergrad would soon be in repayment. 

***

Why did you choose law school? (or why are you thinking about law school?)
What was your undergraduate major?
Did you read any scamblogs before law school?
(If no, if you had, would have reading them made an impact on your decision to go?)
Do you regret going to law school?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girls Generation - Korean