Tuesday 5 June 2012

Spring 2012 Grades



Well, I got my grades back, and I must say I have shown an improvement.  Perhaps there is hope for me yet.

I want to take the time to share my grades with my readers, in case they are curious.

Corporate Finance: C+
Law and Economics: A+
Copyright Law: A
EU Law: B+


Other than the Corporate Finance, the grades are not too bad.  In fact, I think that gives me around a 3.4 GPA.  The average at my institution is a B+, so the C+ was quite rotten, but after last semester, I don't feel too bad.  I didn't really try this semester, and it shows that I may still have a chance at getting some good grades.  However, that being said, I still feel law school grades are somewhat arbitrary and have done tests in the past in which I felt like I did amazing on, only to find out that I did quite bad.

Last semester my GPA was around a 2.6, and right now I believe I have a 2.9.  I hope to graduate with a 3.2, but I know that is going to be tough.  I have 2 more semesters, and to graduate with such a GPA will mean I will have to work hard.  Further, I still plan on leaving the US to teach English after law school, so I wonder what the point of this all is.

Some may call me crazy for giving up law before even trying.  Truth is, I think of it as crazy sometimes.  However, I feel that I am not cut out for the profession, nor do I want to sell my soul.  Yes, I should have researched this in advance more, and the scam bloggers who say that the current students deserve some of the blame are in many ways right.  As law students, we should research, and we must be held somewhat accountable.  Not accountable for deceptive business practices and the state of the law school educational machine, but for not being savvy enough to realize how messed up it is.

There are many blogs on here that do a great job of exposing that system, and I can't devote the kind of time or energy in uncovering the system as they do, so I will not try.  Instead, I am here to show the kind of fear that is pretty commonplace today.  Even though the kiddies on Top-Law-Schools act smug, the truth is, they are scared to death and, in reality, look quite pathetic.  

We are being made to be the bottom feeders in society and paying dearly for the privilege.  We should sometimes feel pathetic.  Especially those who have over 1000 posts on TLS.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girls Generation - Korean