Tuesday 8 November 2011

I thought I'd share...

I found a really interesting and scary site known as http://www.shitlawjobs.com/.  Man, what an eye opener.  I'd actually rather close my eyes and pretend I didn't see that.  The premise is simple.  The blogger posts about legal jobs that he finds around the internet.  Most that I saw were from Craigslist. 

They look like this: 

Downtown general practice firm seeking NEW YORK ADMITTED attorney to make court appearances. Bankruptcy, immigration, and landlord/tenant experience a plus.

Strong work ethic, positive attitude and superior organization skills required.

Please note that this is an unpaid internship with the potential for a paid position in the future for the right person.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/lgl/2695588397.html

Anyway, this is scary.  I would like to share this with some of the people in my classes, but I know what they would say.  "Those jobs are for the bottom feeders, or for people who don't go to this school."  But imagine, being admitted to the bar and working for FREE?!  And he asks for a positive attitude on top of it?   I honestly think that this man is looking for his own personal slave.  I guess there's a lot to be said about going into practice for yourself.  Slave labor these days is easy to take, and I'm sure a position like this is getting some applicants.  I can just imagine people at the interview stating that they would love this position and that they would treasure and cherish the experience

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girls Generation - Korean