Wednesday 2 November 2011

Why I went in the first place.

If anyone reads this, they might want to know why I went to law school in the first place.  Maybe when I get out I might want to know that, as I may forget.  Being crammed Property and Torts makes you forget a lot of stuff that once was important. 

I wanted to be a lawyer.  That's all I can think of.  Okay, I also wanted to make the most money possible.  I saw these lawyer types, looking all professional and smart, with their briefcases and their fancy cars, and their big condominiums and homes and got a bit of a lust in me heart over that.  Oh, and I imagined them having hot women, even though I rarely see male lawyers with women.  In fact, the whole profession may not be very good for being in a relationship, even though there's a whole lot of dating at my school.  Best to get that out of your system before you get in practice. 

Now, I started law school a bit later than most.  I'm in my late 20's whereas many in my class are younger.  I'm not the oldest, but I wish I did this earlier.  Actually, I take that back.  I wish I got a degree in food science or animal husbandry.  Anything else.  Why did I have to major in Celtic Studies?!?!?  What the hell did I expect to get out of that?  My adviser, of course, told me that would be a 'different' major that graduate students would see as a boon.  And I went to a fine undergraduate school.  So, now that I got that out let me think, why else did I go to law school?

Oh, yes, I did think I'd end up with a lot of ladies, however at the time I was in a nice relationship (had to break up when I moved, and she was upset about that, and yes, another mistake I think about every day when I am listening to a lecture about the felony murder rule or the substantial factor test. 

I can't think of any other reason why I went to law school other than those above.  I think the biggest reason was to get a better degree.  Something with substance.  I wonder if a degree in which about a 100,000 or so other people are going for each year will have much substance, or if in the end my Celtic Studies degree will be more valuable.  I guess we'll have to see, as I have not even tried to put the latter to work yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girls Generation - Korean