Thursday 5 July 2012

Is Law School "Still" a Golden Ticket?

So, this dirty article is going around the scam-blogs like wildfire and I just wanted to add my two cents to it.  It's from Forbes Magazine.  It's a business magazine that the big wigs like to read.  Some of the lower elite also sometimes look at this magazine.  Lawyers, I am told (like, real life lawyers™) read this as well.  Anyway, before mauling and eviscerating the article to death, I will let you read it if you are not familiar with it. 

http://www.forbes.com/sites/shenegotiates/2012/06/19/is-law-school-still-a-golden-ticket

Young Jessi, who is going to a graduate program at Penn State is gearing up to get her Golden Ticket.  She feels like the kid in Willy Wonka, but instead of a butt-load of chocolate, she will be sinking her molars into a Juris Doctorate.  Even with a degree in English Literature, however, her writing skills lack.  Yet, to my dismay and ultimate confusion, Forbes actually published this story.

What has happened to news media when a story comprised of three word sentences and two sentence paragraphs written at a level that a 2nd grader could easily comprehend (and write) makes its way into a "respected" business publication? 

What the hell is a "nasty gram"?

Our writer states:
A bachelor’s degree just does not allow you to send a Govern Yourself Accordingly nasty gram.
What the heck does that even mean?  She wants to fight for the little guy, and she is moved by injustice.  And yet, she refuses to think creatively.   She has obviously watched WAY too much Perry Mason and Judge Joe Brown, because like many who I have met in my life, they think law is the ONLY way in which you can help out those less fortunate.  Yet I know plumbers, mechanics and other service people who spend their lives making other people's lives better.  Further, I have noticed that poor people stay far away from lawyers.  They are scared of the fees and are wary of the system.  I have had relatives who can no longer work due to working in horrible conditions that are far below OSHA standards and who will refuse to see a lawyer.  It's not the 'little guy' who usually seeks out the law to take care of the problems they have.  That's the big guy, lady.

She states that she is not going to make money, but the next sentence in her amazingly written article starts Justice, and a Little Money Along the Way.  Did I mention that this is one of the WORST articles I have read in a LONG TIME?  Maybe that's one reason why it's gone viral in the scamblog movement.

Scientific, I’m sure.  I wonder if she will make law review?
But, for the summer, I will indulge in the hope and fresh excitement of feeling like the keys to the kingdom are about to get handed to me.
It’s my turn.
The keys to the kingdom?  The article is full of cliches like this.  Again, how did this make it into Forbes?  Why did they publish this?  Has the news media literally gone to crap?  Personally, I don't read much mainstream news, nor do I waste my brain cells on the television news.  This is just another reminder of how stupid society can be at times.  This honestly may win the award for the WORST ARTICLE I have read in my life. 

She was a communications aide in the Florida Governor’s Office and worked in cable news.
...and she wrote that? Seriously?  I can not help but wonder how she is going to understand some of those dense cases with a history of writing stuff like the article I just ambushed, stunlocked, and garroted.  I have a feeling in a few years she's going to realize that there is NO GOLDEN TICKET in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girls Generation - Korean