Tuesday 13 November 2012

Midterm Grade: A- "The world is my oyster"


I must say that I was ecstatic when I got my midterm grade for my "legal reasoning" course.  This course was created to prepare a student for the bar exam.  When I found out that I got one of the highest scores in the class, an A-, I was thrilled.

In the last year I have seen a marked improvement on my grades.  From an A+ in Law and Economics, to an A in copyright law, a B+ in European Union law and now an A- on my midterm, I must say that I am starting to think a lot more positive. 

No more focusing on negativity.  I now find myself primed and ready to enter class.  Excited to learn the material.  Having fun remembering notes, learning new theories, and engaging the law.  Yesterday, in my current internship, I interviewed my first pair of clients.  Getting "real world" legal experience has helped me feel confident in my abilities to do well. 

Plus if something was to happen and I decided (not the economy - the economy does not decide anything for me) to do something other than law, I have back up plans.  This is not to rub it in other scamblogger's faces.  They, too, have a host of options.  And I hope that I don't appear extra-cocky saying this.  But enough negativity is enough!  There was no way I would find myself on the PIPELINE of SUCCESS if I was down on myself all day long.  And that's how I was last year, especially when I reeled in C grades in a couple of my courses.

Now that I think positive, I know I can MASTER the exams (I have done it before, and I shall do it again).  I know that I can WOW the interviewers.  In short, I am what some may call a special little snowflake.  Why?  Because there is no reason to sell myself short. 

Who knew I was getting an A- during that exam?  Talk about Ownage!
Do you feel down on law school?  Do you feel negativity toward your Juris Doctorate?  Do you wish you could change your life?  Then, continue reading this blog.  The aim, my mission, if you will, is to change the way you think about yourself, your skills, and your life.  It is almost impossible for some to think positive.  But, once you make the switch, you will see that your life is, almost as if by magic, falling into place.  With a smile on your face as you exit your home each morning, you shall see that the world is your OYSTER.  Thinking different about your situation, realizing you have options, and knowing that you don't have to be one of the "masses" (you are an individual) will make you start to realize that no matter what setbacks you have in life, you can succeed. 

You are an individual.  You have choices.  Why let your life run on autopilot?  Why move forward on some predestined course that only exists deep in your mind?  Squeeze that OYSTER and show the world, show YOURSELF, that you are willing to change your life.

The truth is, you only live once.  Why waste it sulking?  It's time to live like an adult!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girls Generation - Korean