Thursday 4 July 2013

The Life and Times of Mr. Infinity: The Washington Heights Apartment

I live in the neighborhood of Washington Heights in Manhattan, and I must say, I have been enjoying it here so far.  While it's not the best neighborhood I have lived in, it's an interesting place that is totally underrated.  I want to share with my readers some pictures of the place that I call home. 

Some of these pictures were taken during the winter, but they show some of the neighborhood.  This is where I have lived for almost a year now (I did not live in campus housing).  Before I lived here, I was in Kew Gardens. 

Keep in mind that I pay $1,150 a month for this place.  I do not need anything more fancy.  For those who say that you need to pay $2000-3000 to have a decent place in New York, I say: that is not correct.  I have been in many fine apartments in the city that are around $1000 a month.  If you are struggling as a lawyer, you should be looking at places that are well under $1500 a month.  If you are single, you should strongly consider living with a room mate.

Home is, largely, what you make of it.  You have live well almost anywhere, provided that you want to.





View of the Hudson river.

The Cloisters, one of my favorite places in the area to visit.


And, the apartment itself:





I hope you enjoyed the tour of the place that I call home.  It's not the fanciest place in the world, but it's inexpensive (especially for Manhattan) and it is a nice place to live.  And, as always, comments are totally welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girls Generation - Korean