Sunday 16 September 2012

Week Five

It just hit me that I am going on week five of my first semester of my third, yes, THIRD year of law school.  I have gotten somewhat good at doing law school.  I feel that I have a lot of time on my hands to do other things, other than the rigamarow of studying and all that.  For example, I was able to log onto one of my mages on the video game World of Warcraft.  I am also working through the entire series of the X Files and Star Trek Voyager.  Further, I have rolled through 2 seasons of Lockdown, a show about the inner working of the prison system.  I watched half a season of Prison Wives as well.  It's just insane what these women put up with!

Other than watching television I am trying to keep myself sane as this hot weather comes to an end.  This weekend I went to a wildlife refuge in Far Rockaway.  That was very nice.  I miss getting out in nature sometimes and being able to walk through the preserve and see the wildlife helped me forget about my woes. 

I have started a law school clinic which is quite interesting and have taken some time to reconnect with my mentor.  She has given me some interesting advice for getting the *job of my dreams*.  I will play it day by day though as I figure out exactly what the job of my dreams is.

To be honest, I am looking forward to working a real job.  I am sick of being a student sometimes.  I hate having to find an apartment as a student (most people want you to have a job and make 40 times the rent.  I don't make that with my loans, nor would I want to have that much debt).  That being said, I am going to be meeting with a broker so I can find my dream apartment in Harlem this weekend.  I really want to live in Manhattan, and I am starting to think that Harlem looks really sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girls Generation - Korean