Sunday 16 December 2012

I'm Getting Married!!!



Well, I asked her to marry me.  For those who do not know, I was seeing a very nice young lady a while back.  It has been going very well over the last few months.  We did not get to see much of each other because I have been inundated with school.  I sometimes would skip class to hang out with her, but when she found out about that she frowned on it.  So, I went to class.  For her. 

I have heard so many times that getting married with student loan debt was a bad idea.  I wondered if I should bother "ruining" her life with my huge debt.  While I have six figure debt, her debt load due to college is very manageable and will probably be paid off quickly.  I talked to her about this and told her that it was a concern of mine.  She mentioned that she was not too worried about it and that there is a good program that would help me with paying it back.  It's called "IBR" she said.  I told her I knew all about that. 

She said that she somewhat liked the idea of the "challenge" that will be before us.  She is happy to be marrying someone who can be willing to stay positive when he has debt that will probably be over $300,000 by the time he graduates law school.

We are going to have a small wedding.  Nothing big.  Both of us feel that spending thousands, or even hundreds of dollars for a wedding is silly.  Why put yourself into such huge debt just for a ceremony?  We have the rest of our lives to live together, and we might as well start it out right.  Plus, we will have enough debt without having to worry about wedding debt.

It was at grocery store when I asked her.  I just felt that I should ask.  It was like this.

Me:  So, what do you think about getting married?
Her: I, um, never really thought, I mean.  It sounds nice.  I would like to get married one day.
Me:  I would like to marry you is what I am saying.
Her:  Oh.  (Long pause).  Really?
Me:  Yeah.  I would.  I like you a lot.
Her:  Alright.  I just didn't expect it... Oh, we're next in line.

Where we want to have our honeymoon!
Later that evening before I took her to her place we talked about the marriage plans.  She mentioned having a small wedding, but at her church.  I said that was fine.  She also said that she would like to still not move in with me until we are married.  I told her I felt the same way. 

By the time it was all said and done (and after we looked at pictures of places to go on a honeymoon, mostly in the Maldives), we were both so excited.  It was almost 10:00 PM when she got home!

So, with that in mind, we are thinking of getting married November 12th, 2013.  11/12/13!  I will be posting pictures here probably.  I am just so happy writing this.  I imagine this is going to affect some of my final grades because I can't stop thinking about marriage and all that.  I just can't stop thinking about how great life is going to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girls Generation - Korean