Tuesday 14 May 2013

I love me a workin' class man!


Thank you for your continued readership of this blog.  I noticed that someone had re-posted one of my epic writings and changed the voice of my story.  For those of you who purchased the book on Amazon.com, you will quickly see that many of the words were outright changed.  The whole feel of the story was bast*rdized.  First, I must say that the character that was somewhat loosely based on myself had a disdain for the working class man person in the unauthorized rewrite.  I want to reiterate that I am not disdainful toward the working class individual.  I come from a working class family.  My wife comes from a working class family herself.  Her father is a mechanic.  My own pa works in plumbing supply.  They have been working class all of their lives. 

Many of my friends and friends of the family have all been working class as well.  For example, the big burly lumberjack type man that was my best man at my wedding is a construction company owner.  I do not resent these people at all.  Why would I?  To think of one's self higher than others based on what we do (or for any other reason, really) is quite absurd. 

I would like to dig my nails in deeper to another, yet unmentioned reason why I am very happy that JDJunkyard is now gone.  I have never liked racism and that site was full of it.  I think that racism, like the whole better-than-thou attitude of others is just plain stupid.  I am starting to see that those who are angry at the law schools thought that they would rise above the masses that they despise so much.  Now, when facing the reality that they did not, they are angry and vexful.  When I look at another human being, I do not see someone who is less of a person or more of a person.  We are all brothers and sisters on this Earth.  If you really think that you are better (or worse) than another by virtue of your job, skin color, or any other silly reason, then you have some serious growing up to do.  Furthermore, your life will probably not be a happy one.   I have seen racism tear people apart. 

It's not something that you want to have happen to you.

Those are my thoughts.  People love to twist my words around, because when my words are not twisted, I am always right.  So, go ahead and twist away, it's the only way you can make me sound wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girls Generation - Korean