Sunday 24 March 2013

New Wheels!



I have been wanting to buy something that allows me to get around while at home, and also while on vacation.  I wanted something that I could take with me on my future boat.  I already own a Vespa LX 150, but I am not going to be able to put that on a sailboat now, am I?  Further, the Vespa is being stored on the west coast and does me no good here in New York.  Therefore, the options were a fold up bike or... well... something more interesting.  I talked to my wife a bit and we decided on something sleek.  Something sassy.  Something that will make us the envy of the modern world!

Razor Scooters!!!



That's right.  A brand spankin' new Razor Scooter for each of us.  I have always joked about getting one as an adult.  Usually you see kids on these types of things.  However, there is nothing wrong with an adult riding a scooter.  In fact, reading the reviews, I found that many people ride these things, and many people take them on vacation with them.  And that's what we are going to do!  We are going to take these with us on our trip this summer! 

The razor scooter is quite light, at only 8 pounds.  It will be a lot easier to carry than a fold up bike, and is far less expensive.  Not only that, but being able to wheel around town and being able to carry something lightweight into the subways of Cairo or on a bus in Alexandria offers the ability to take it around the city.  When we travel to Burlington, Vermont this summer, we shall ride down the lakeside trail further in a day than we could if we just walked.  When we eventually purchase a boat, we will have wheels no matter where we dock!  It's genius! 

Not everyone will think that our purchase is a good one.  There are some cynical people out there who feel such a product is best reserved for children.  Grown ups should drive, after all.  Right?  Wrong!  I won't have to pay for parking with this bad boy.  Nor will I have to worry about locking it up when I can just throw it in a carrying case and take it with me when I go into a store or restaurant.  I plan on riding this bad boy through Africa, Asia and Europe this summer!  From the streets of Amsterdam to the desert roads of Siwa.  It's going to be a blast!

Other adults rock Razor A5 Lux Adult Scooter:

"If you're a 40 year old kid like me, this is the scooter for you. That said, all the kids on my block (including my daughter) always want to trade their scooters to try mine - they love the 'giant' wheels too. Another inch of wheelbase, another inch of height to the platform, and another 1-2 inches of width to the handlebars would make for a fun evolution to the product."

"I am a 55 year old women who was looking for something easier than a bike to throw in the car. I love the scooter, I have used a smaller wheeled version and this one is seriously safer to use. It doesn't get stuck in the cracks. I use it on bike paths, roads and sidewalks. I bought this in Oct and the first time I used it I went 14 miles at the Cap Cod Canal bike path. I would give it 5 stars but it can be a little difficult to fold at times. I am very happy with my purchase."

"Just showed up today and I love it! I want to stay in shape but don't want to leave my kids to do it and It always looks so fun when they scooter so I thought I would look for one for me. Great workout!

I'm 6' 3" and 220, the products max weight, and it feels plenty strong for me. Fun and fast. Well made. Only thing I would change is the handle bar end caps. The diameter is so big it cuts into my hand. I'll just trim it down and it will be fine.

After an hour of chasing my three kids I'm exhausted and they're happy. Great job Razor!"


Places I look forward to riding the Razor A5 Lux Scooter:

Angel Island (San Francisco)
Governor's Island (New York)
Central Park (New York)
Burlington Bike Path (Burlington, VT)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cairo, Egypt
Alki Beach (Seattle)
Hudson River Park (New York)

In fact, whenever I rent a car, I am going to throw these in the trunk and take 'em with me.  In fact, I dub the Razor A5 Lux Adult Scooter the ultimate law school scooter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girls Generation - Korean