Friday 12 April 2013

Foolish Contradictions of Scam-Deniers‏

I won't add to the smackdown that JeffM has gotten elsewhere, both here and on JDUnderground (everyone but he himself is aware of it; his self-esteem is protecting him well. He almost had me persuaded at one point). I would add one thing to address his arguments further. He does what I might call the self-contradictory combination of selective out-of-context facts and woo-woo: 
Out-of-context Fact: "There is enough demand for legal services that the median income for those who hold occupations as attorneys is $115k."
But that doesn't count unemployed attorneys and includes big-pocket BigFlaw partners!
Woo-Woo: "It doesn't matter whether we can absorb 1 million grads. I don't plan my day tomorrow on the off-chance a North Korean nuke will hit my back-yard."
But what if everyone adopts your attitude: there still wouldn't be enough jobs? 
Out-of-Context fact: "It's a false proposition. The statistics will NOT LIE. Period. This, by definition, means that there will always remain a sizable segment who will NOT adopt the right approach."
Statistics? Why do you think your own personal career, started decades ago, applies to others, especially recent grads?
Woo-Woo: "I don't care to philosophize about it. I am more of a non-fiction sort of person."
And so, we see that if even if we know nothing else, a self-contradiction cannot be so. O, you silly Scam-Deniers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girls Generation - Korean