Tuesday 23 April 2013

Prospective Pre-Law Students Plan Non-Traditional Careers

No.  No.

No No NO NO NO!

http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/forget_law_practice._half_of_surveyed_prelaw_students_plan_to_use_law_degre/?utm_source=maestro&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=weekly_email

Stop it.  Just stop it.  Look at my handle - "dupednontraditional".  I was a (1) non-traditional student who went to law school for a (2) non-traditional, "JD preferred" career.

Let me say it again: my handle is DUPEDNONTRADITIONAL.

Normally, I try to write out a thoughful commentary on these topics.  Not this time.  I'm too mad at the Law School cartel to do it justice.  Just read the comments.  Take them to heart.  Do not do this.

Look at JDUnderground:

http://www.jdunderground.com/all/thread.php?threadId=44730

Read the comments.  Do not do this.

Law School is for being an entreprenurial, gunslinging lawyer, if you can even make it as a lawyer in the first place, assuming you have significant backing.  Period.  Read my posts.  Read this blog.  Read my blog from before I started posting on OTLSS.  You will note a pattern.  The pattern is bad.

ScamDeans and LawProfs will try to tell you that you there are all kinds of things you can do with a "versatile" law degree.  Do not believe them.  Do not do this.

I make no money doing this.  I get no accolades.  I do this to prevent others from making the same mistake.  I have no motiviation to say what I say, other than to try to prevent more well-meaning people from getting chained to an albatross of debt with no prospects.

Do not go to Law School for a non-traditional, so-called-versatile reason.  That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girls Generation - Korean