Wednesday 24 April 2013

I have a paying legal position

To my critics who say otherwise, I do have a paying legal position that will exist after law school.  Further, this position has allowed me to take time off to go study for the bar outside of the country. 

For those who do not believe me, that is fine.  I do not acknowledge my critics much more, because I have fully proven that they are incorrect.  I now know that finding a legal job out of law school is not only possible, but it is quite easy if you know where to look.

For example, my current position found me.  At least, I do not remember applying for the position, and after going through the few companies that I did apply for (seven at the most this year), I have felt perplexed how I was chosen.  Either way, I was hired on the spot and have enjoyed my time so far with this firm.  The people are quite nice and helpful.  The law partners are respectful and well known not only across the city, but nationally.

Again, I did not even have to apply for a legal job.  For those who say the legal economy is broken, my experience, and the experience of other students that I have been talking to proves that the naysayers are often wrong.  Of course, it is very hard to prove that over the internet, and I really do not care to.  I have my own life, and I am very happy with it.  I am blessed to have this job, and I do believe that it is a part of my faith, my outlook on life, and my thankfulness to God that has helped me to find this position.  I honestly do believe that those people who are not thankful for what they have will never be happy. 

Furthermore, I do not post the information on having found a legal job to brag.  I hope that all of my readers and law school graduates find success in their endeavors.  I had a strategy in mind for finding a legal job, a strategy that I thought was sound (and no, it's not blindly sending resumes, which I am against).  I will not be able to pursue that strategy right after graduation because I have a job. 

For those of you who thought this blog would be interesting, because I would be spiteful for not finding a job, I am sorry to have disappointed you.  Even if I did not find a job I would not be spiteful.  Instead, I have other options in life.  I would be content teaching English overseas (in fact, I will be taking the TOEFL after the bar) and it is something that I may do in the future.  Furthermore, I would be content going back to school if the legal economy was as bad as some say and getting a higher degree in Economics. 

Life is full of options.  Those who do not see the options in life are those who sell themselves short.  Of course, I try to pound this point home, but it falls on deaf ears.  But that is not my problem.  At the end of the day you have to live with yourself.  For those of you who are reading this behind the comfort of your computer screen, take a look in the mirror, and ask yourself if you are really who you wish you were.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girls Generation - Korean